When it comes to searching about anything, people just don’t surf the web anymore– they Google it. With 70,000 Google searches each second and about 5.4 billion Google searches per day, it controls 90% of the global search engine market. And when you look to advertise on a platform with such a massive reach, there are high chances of reaping great results.
Some facts about advertising on Google
- 63% of people say they have clicked on a Google ad on their journey through the web.
- According to research, Google ads tend to deliver a return on investment (ROI) of 8:1 — or $8 for every $1 spent
- The average conversion rate of Google ads is somewhere between 75-80%
This is the impact Google advertising can have on your business when done in the right way. You can utilize Google Adwords to your advantage by approaching Google Advertising Australia to help you put up a quality ad in the best pay-per-click range. Google is the best place to start with your advertising and paid marketing. Here’s how you can start advertising using Google.
Let’s have a look at how you can use Google ads for advertising your business:
The structure of Google ads– How it all works?
Google ads work on an auction model. Advertisers have to bid on different keywords to get in front of the target audience. But unlike the normal auction, the Google ads model takes into account the structure, quality, and relevance of the ad. They are giving an open opportunity to everyone, not just the ones with hefty budgets.
Three primary factors are determining if your ad will appear on the said keyword:
The quality of the ad
Google is known for its tendency to favor the users before anyone else. Therefore it puts primary focus on the quality and relevancy of any of the content that’s displayed on the SERP– including paid ads. You can check the quality of your ad by checking the quality score defined by Google.
Setting a bid on Google ads means putting the maximum amount you are willing to pay for an ad click. Usually, the pay per click range at the end of the auction is lower than what you bid, and you can also change the bid whenever you want.
The Ad Extensions
Google gives you the option to add additional information to your ads, such as phone number or additional links to your ad– these are called ad extensions. Google takes into account the impact your ad extensions have on the performance of the ad. So you can get an edge over the competitors with big budgets by putting relevant keywords, ad structure, and extensions.
How to advertise on Google
To start advertising on Google, you will need a Google ads account which is free to create. You can create one by clicking here.
Follow these seven easy steps after creating a Google ads account:
- Define your advertising goal: You will have to choose a campaign goal. Selecting the goal will let Google recognize your goals and the type of audiences you will be going after.
- Choose the keyword you want to bid for: Put all the keywords you want to target after choosing a business name.
- Choose your target audience: This is where you decide where you want to target the audience. This can be near a specific location or broader region like a city or zip code. And on which Google networks you want your ads to appear.
- Set budget and bids: Enter the budget along with the type of bidding you want to target for the campaign.
- Craft a compelling ad: Your ad should not only be compelling and relevant for the audience but should also tick all the requirements of Google. A highly-quality relevant ad that has a great quality score and the right amount of keywords. It will help you get an edge when it comes to bidding.
- Create a captivating landing page that converts: The landing page is where your audience will first land after clicking on the ad. Make your landing page compelling using the right words and calls-to-action.
- Review and publish: Your campaign is complete and ready to go under review. Just press the review and publish button and voila! you’ve just created your first Google ad campaign.
These were the steps to create a Google ad campaign and start growing your business through paid advertising. Google has the best possible reach you can get on the entire internet. Just step into your customer’s shoes and tick all the requirements of Google to have a great Google advertising experience. And see your marketing efforts bear great results.
Ella is an experienced content publisher and Senior Editor at SocialMagz.com. With a passion for technology and a wealth of knowledge in the field, Ella brings a unique perspective to the website and its readers.